What is Be Internet Awesome?
To make the most of the Internet, kids need to be prepared to make smart decisions. Be Internet Awesome is Google’s initiative to teach children the fundamentals of digital citizenship and safety so they can explore the online world with confidence.
The curriculum devised by Google is split into 5 core areas:
- Be Internet Smart: This module teaches children to be a positive influence online, to think before posting, privacy issues and how to protect your secrets online.
- Be Internet Strong: The importance of a strong password, frequent changes in passwords and how to choose a good password that won’t be easy to guess.
- Be Internet Alert: How to avoid scams, knowing how to spot a secure site and how to check for credibility while exploring online.
- Be Internet Kind: This is a module about ideal online behavior, and most importantly, how to treats others as you would like to be treated. It is a good reminder to avoid saying stuff online that you wouldn’t ordinarily say in real life.
- Be Internet Brave: The final module is about how to deal with offensive, hurtful or negative content. In particular, it reminds children that whenever they encounter something they aren’t sure about, they need to talk to a trusted adult about it.
Explore the Resources below to learn more about this fantastic curriculum.
Quickly deploy Be Internet Awesome lessons to your entire district.
Top districts trust Alludo to train teachers and staff