TurnItIn: The Similarity Report
TurnItIn compares papers against an ever expanding database of Internet pages, archived pages that might not be available any more, a subscription repository of periodicals, journals, publications, and a repository of previously submitted papers.
The similarity score is a percentage of the paper's matches to other sources; it is not an assessment of whether the paper includes plagiarized material. The similarity report is a tool for instructors and students to easily find matches or similar text within submitted work.
- To access a Similarity Report, you must firstly access the main homepage by clicking the All Classes tab from the top of any page
- From the main homepage, select the name of the class to view the assignment inbox.
- By selecting View under the Actions column, this will direct you to the assignment inbox.
- Under the Similarity column, you'll find icons indicating the similarity score and its corresponding color.
- Click on the similarity percentage from the Similarity column to open the Similarity Report in a new window.
More TurnItIn Activities
Quickly deploy TurnItIn lessons to your entire district.
Top districts trust Alludo to train teachers and staff