Positive Behavior Support Strategies for the Classroom
Classrooms that effectively employ positive behavioral strategies can be characterized as embodying those benefits (e.g., having a high rate of student success, work-oriented, disruptions & behavioral problems kept at a minimum, etc). Teachers who are able to accomplish this in their classroom commonly employ the following effective strategies in their classroom:
- Establishing 3-5 clear, and positively stated behavioral expectations
- Identifying key Classroom activities & Routines
- Encouraging Expected Behavior
- Discouraging Inappropriate Behavior
- Actively Supervising Students
- Activity Sequencing & Choice
- Task Difficulty
Read the “Supporting and Responding to Behavior” PDF linked in the Resources section for a summary of evidence-based, positive, proactive, and responsive classroom behavior intervention and support strategies for teachers.
Quickly deploy PBIS in the Classroom lessons to your entire district.
Top districts trust Alludo to train teachers and staff